How Flexible Workspaces Can Help During the COVID-19 Pandemic
As the Coronavirus pandemic takes hold, many workplaces are sending employees home and temporarily shutting their doors. However, there is still work to be done, and for those who can work remotely it’s essential to have access to a workplace that’s not just clean, spacious, and safe to work in, but fully connected and ready for the job in hand.
That’s where flexible offices can help.
The majority of flexible office centres -- including UBC -- have plenty of private offices that enable people to work behind closed doors in a professional and well-ventilated environment, at a safe distance from others.
Private Office Environments
Over the past few days UBC has received a number of urgent enquiries from large businesses who need to split their teams across separate offices, to enable them to maintain a healthy social distance and continue to work safely.
Where space allows, this can be done by placing employees in their own individual office suites. Or, small groups can be moved into large open-plan spaces that allows employees to work at an appropriate distance from one other.
Importantly, serviced offices are flexible, which means -- if space allows -- teams can move in quickly to a furnished, plug-and-play environment that’s connected and ready to go. It reduces downtime and at this difficult time, helps to keep business moving and reduce unnecessary strain on teams and resources.
In addition to physical office space, there are a number of other ways that flexible offices can help during the current situation:
- Mail scanning and forwarding service: At UBC, all of our serviced offices and virtual office agreements include a mailing service. Our receptionists receive mail and store it safely ready for collection. For those who cannot collect it, we can scan your mail and send the images to you, or we can forward it to your home or an alternative address.
- Calls and messages: Our team take calls on your behalf if you’re unable to answer the phone. We can also take messages and send them to you by email or text.
- A place to hold videoconferences: While hosting large meetings in person isn’t currently advised, you can still host videoconferences with your team. We have a number of meeting rooms with high speed Internet connectivity for virtual meetings, online presentations, webinars, and workshops.
- WiFi and Internet access: If your home broadband isn’t up to the demands of your job, particularly as most of the population is now home-based and using more bandwidth than normal, our offices and meeting rooms provide high speed, business grade Internet connectivity.
- Your own space: If you want to keep away from big cities and public transport, you’ll find flexible offices in quieter locations all over the country. UBC has 7 centres, all of which are in business parks or smaller towns with their own dedicated parking spaces, so there is no need to travel on public transport.
What You Need, When You Need It
Flexibility comes in many different forms. It’s particularly important now, when businesses and supply chains everywhere are facing great uncertainty over the coming weeks and months.
At UBC we offer a full range of flexible office options and affordable services to help keep your business moving.
You may wish to have an office address without a commitment to a physical workplace. Or perhaps you only need a private office for a few hours each month. Or maybe you just need a meeting room for an afternoon or two.
Whatever you need, whenever you need it, just ask.
As a company, UBC is closely monitoring the situation and working in line with government regulations to keep our employees and clients safe and healthy.
We are adapting and doing all that we can to provide the business services you need at this time. These are challenging times for everybody, and UBC is pulling together to provide professional, clean environments with health and wellbeing as a top priority.
If you have any questions or concerns, call or email us and we’ll be happy to help in any way we can.