Our offices are open NOW
In March 2020, in line with government advice, UBC took immediate action in order to safeguard the health and wellbeing of our staff and customers.
One of the biggest steps we took as a company was operating our 7 business centres remotely while our Centre Managers worked from home. Throughout this time, our centres remained open and customers could, if needed, access their own private office with secure touchless entry.
Like many other customer-facing companies, this was a very unusual experience for our team - but one that we had been prepared for, as best we could, in the days leading up to the nationwide lockdown.
Since then, UBC has been working behind the scenes to prepare our centres for a safe return to work.
We are happy to report that UBC has now implemented our return to work plans, our Managers are back in the office and we are ready to welcome clients back to their offices, safely.
Navigating Your UBC Office, Post-Lockdown
UBC is fully committed to the government’s lockdown position and we continue to adhere to official guidelines to protect the safety of our customers and employees.
To enable everyone to use their workplace safely, we have created guidance documents for each of our 7 centres, outlining the safety measures that are being introduced.
These guides have been tailored for each of our locations and together with risk assessments, shared with all of our clients and are available on request from our Centre Managers.
You can also see an overview of our return to work guide here.
In brief, the guides cover these key essentials:
- Your health: We request that anyone who is symptomatic, or lives with someone who is symptomatic, stay away from the office and self-isolate for the recommended 7 or 14 day period. This is to protect our staff and our other customers.
- Cleaning: All of our centres have undergone extensive deep cleaning and disinfection. Our ongoing cleaning regime will continue to give specific focus to high touchpoints, such as door handles, light switches, countertops, phones, toilets, lifts, and call buttons.
- Personal hygiene: We are placing hand sanitiser at various points throughout each building. We ask that customers regularly use the sanitiser and continue to manage safe personal hygiene at all times.
- Access and signage: New signage will be located at all entrance points throughout the building to help customers maintain safe social distancing. Floors are also marked out indicating 2-metre spacing where possible.
- One-way system: All of our centres are now using a one-way system where possible, to allow everyone to navigate around the space as safely as possible.
- Additional information: The guides also cover important information on the use of kitchen areas, lifts, communal areas, face coverings, emergency protocols, and risk assessments.
We remain committed to serving our customers and their businesses in the safest way possible, and we will continue to adhere to government guidelines in order to provide a safe and comfortable working environment for all concerned.
We greatly appreciate your trust and cooperation during these unprecedented times, and we look forward to welcoming our customers to their offices as soon as they are ready.